Sunday, December 16, 2012

Crème Fraiche Fish Mousse Sauce with Pasta Recipe


Cremé Friache Fish Sauce with Pasta

This is a really quick and easy dish. The fish is pureed before serving and this completely elevates the taste.  It is surprisingly different, and arguably tastier, than having 'unpureed' fish with crème fraiche or smetana. I knew pureed fish would taste different but I didn't expect it to be this different.   

Some people may scream at the thought of pureeing an expensive piece of fish. But we puree fish in our mouth, so I had no issues with pureeing it before eating. 

I’ve tried this dish with salmon, canned tuna and herring. My favourite is salmon, followed by canned tuna and herring taking last spot, unfortunately. Herring is still delicious, though not as delicious as salmon or tuna. 

Ingredients
About 120 grams finely diced fish (such as salmon or herring) or small can of tuna (185 grams)
¼ cup smetana or creme fraiche or thick yogurt
¼ onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon oil
Lemon juice (optional)

Directions
  1. Heat saucepan over medium heat and sauté onions until they turn soft
  2. Add garlic, sauté for couple of minutes. Don’t let it turn brown
  3. Add fish, salt and pepper and cook until the fish is done. Add lemon (optional). Cremé fraiche is already tangy so you may not need lemon.
  4. Add smetana and puree the mixture. I used a hand held stick blender
Smetana Fish Sauce with Pasta




7 comments:

  1. This pasta sounds extremely intriguing, very creamy and in short delicious. Thank you for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I've had this few times, loved it every time!

      Delete
  2. To think I have some creme fraiche in the fridge. What an interesting sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was indeed screaming at first but then I rmb smoked mackerel pates and salmon mousses etc. and I love those fish purees, this pasta sounds like a brilliant idea now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick and easy, that's what i like! It seems nice, definitely i will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. helpusfish

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...